- Level 0 Starting out
- Level 1 Junior
- Level 2 Mid-level
- Level 3 Senior
- Level 4 Principal
- Level 5 Director
- Level 6 Executive
Level 3 Skills
In addition to Level 2
Proficient - You advance design, strategy and results, ensuring quality and consistency across team.
- You maintain design quality and consistency across communications, products, features and platforms.
- You reframe problems, anticipate and solve customer needs.
- You deliver without oversight.
- You use design principles and processes across multiple project types and phases.
- You develop area specific skills to a high level.
- You guide teams by reframing their questions and assumptions.
- You guide research goals, hypotheses, learning and application.
Strategy / Business Impact
- You contribute to the creation and articulation of business vision and strategy.
- You contribute to a feedback-rich environment.
- You identify external resources to enrich the design practice and build a learning culture.
- You assess team skills to identify potential opportunities and inform recruitment.
- You facilitate team assessments.
Map your Career Path
Select your area of design and your current level in industry. Explore where you want to go next and what you’ll need to get there.