- Level 0 Starting out
- Level 1 Junior
- Level 2 Mid-level
- Level 3 Senior
- Level 4 Principal
- Level 5 Director
- Level 6 Executive
Level 5 Skills
In addition to Level 4
Leader - You lead teams and advocate for strategic design solutions across all stakeholders.
- You lead design across specific product areas for business-critical objectives.
- You create collaborative design processes that ensure teams focus on high impact work.
- You align stakeholders across client and business.
- You lead end-to-end design process to drive initiatives and align stakeholders.
- You coach and mentor peers and communicate design process both internally and externally.
- You advocate for research in the design process.
- You articulate methodology and best practice to educate on quality research.
Strategy / Business Impact
- You work at scale solving business issues with strategic thinking.
- You focus the design team on work most likely to deliver communications or business strategy.
- You collaborate with leadership on communications and business strategy.
- You identify and develop new business opportunities.
- You create an environment that fosters collaboration and learning across all disciplines.
- You lead discussions on team development and future capabilities.
- You lead the recruiting and hiring process.
- You create a candidate experience and process to hire the best talent.
- You promote the design practice to attract talent from the industry.
Map your Career Path
Select your area of design and your current level in industry. Explore where you want to go next and what you’ll need to get there.